The Schulhaus Zentrum Horw, a steel system building from the 1970s, no longer fulfilled the requirements for space, climate skin, building automation, fire safety, etc.
Thanks to its technical features and the attractive design the more or less “new” school attracts plenty of attention. On what is now an area of 7,500 m² there are 28 rooms for classes and groups, two kitchens, a music room, a common room and a management room providing space for everything that a modern school with an ambitious teaching programme requires.
A special visual feature of the façade in Horw is the elements which are opaque from outside but transparent from inside. This is due to a special fabric made by the Swiss company Sefar AG (Heiden).
- Completion 2017
- Façade area 3,400 m²
- 343 WICONA Modul air units
- Entrance façade as a stick construction
- Natural ventilation with WICLINE 75 evo ventilation flap
- Dry air system in the plant room in the attic
- The dry air is distributed via a riser and then via distribution ducts to each floor.
- Client: Horw municipality, Canton Lucerne
- Architect: Lussi + Partner AG Architekten ETH SIA BSA
- Curtain wall designer: gkp fassadentechnik AG
- Fabricator: SOTTAS SA