Wicona has expanded its product range in Ireland, with the launch of the WICTEC aluminium curtain walling suite.
Developed in Germany and widely used internationally, this comprehensive façade range has been engineered to deliver a host of advanced technical features and options for outstanding performance for both new build and refurbishment projects and a wide variety of building structures.
From classic stick curtain walling to unitised, structural glazing and double skin façades, the WICTEC suite will meet almost any application and building design – such as vertical and sloped glazing, pyramids and barrel vaulted roofs.
As with all Wicona products, the WICTEC curtain walling range is based on one single system and common components to simplify specification and reduce time and costs in fabrication and installation. The full range has also been extensively tested in accordance with the latest international standards, such as EN 13830 – the European product standard for curtain walling, for further assurance of its engineering quality and long-term performance.
Design options include:
- Stick curtain walling with narrow face widths of 50mm and 60mm internally and externally, profile depths from 50mm to 260mm
- A highly insulated façade which will achieve U values for the glazed system as low as 0.8 W/m2K to deliver advanced thermal performance
- Curtain walling certified to passive house standards
- Double skin façades
- Integrated pressure plates of 51mm or 43mm which provide an efficient alternative to silicone joints for structural glazing and can be surface-mounted or flush
- Integrated solar control systems
- Structural glazing to create glass-to-glass façades with less visible aluminium
- Unitised curtain walling which offers all the design advantages of stick curtain walling with even faster installation because the units are pre-assembled and glazed off site
- Bullet resistance in accordance with the international standard FB4
- Fire protection for the WICTEC 50 and 60 stick curtain walling options to the standard G30/F30
- Higher levels of security and burglar resistance to achieve RC1 to RC3 standards.
WICTEC curtain walling is fully compatible with Wicona’s WICLINE window and door systems. The opening options for ventilation include turn, tilt/turn, and parallel sliding/tilt windows, vertical or horizontal pivots, roof and smoke vents, ventilation flaps, and doors such as sliding, folding, automatic and inward/outward opening double or single leaf systems.
Commenting on the launch of the WICTEC curtain walling range in Ireland, Jon Palthorpe, Director for Wicona, said, “We are delighted to announce the availability of the WICTEC suite to specifiers in the UK and Ireland. This is market-leading aluminium façade technology that has featured on many high profile and award-winning projects across the world – and is continually being developed as part of our commitment to ongoing product improvement.”
“There are variations and profiles to suit almost any building, design, site or application and we believe it will set new standards in Ireland to help enhance our urban landscape and turn architectural ideas into reality.”
The latest developments in the WICTEC range are:
- A new transom connector for the stick curtain walling option to further improve fabrication and performance on site. The connectors can be used individually, in pairs and can be screw-fixed for ease of installation with all transom depths from 65mm. The connectors will support weights of up to 360kg with one connector, 460kg with two, and up to 560kg when using glazing supports.
- European Technical Approval (ETA) for the WICTEC 50SG structural glazing. This design option is a more cost-effective solution for flush and glass-to-glass vertical or sloped facades, and features patented technology to simplify fabrication and installation without the need for special tooling.
For further information about Wicona’s latest curtain walling, window and door systems for complex and challenging projects, and its bespoke façade solutions, email email@example.com or call 01924 232323.