Aluminium façade specialist, Wicona, has launched a new range of high performance casement windows, WICLINE evo – its most advanced window series to date.
The suite of systems, which also includes patio doors, has been developed using German engineering and follows the success of the WICLINE range which has been used extensively internationally.
WICLINE evo uses a single system with common components to achieve an almost unlimited range of opening and design configurations whilst simplifying specification, fabrication and installation. This allows specifiers to realise complex yet attractive window designs combined with a high level of functionality and precision. There are options for enhanced security, bullet and burglar resistance, thermal and weather performance, acoustic protection, open-in and open-out systems, and a high quality range of window fittings.
The evo suite features a number of significant technical advancements and innovations:
- The system is fully tested to the highest level of security and can be supplied in accordance with the latest European standards RC1 to RC3 for burglar resistance – the first complete window range to achieve this new Standard
- Profiles have enhanced thermal performance to achieve U values for the glazed window as low as 0.72W/m2K
- In order to meet the increasing demand for larger windows for less reliance on artificial lighting, the range is available up to 1700mm by 2500mm in size whilst still maintaining its slim profiles and narrow sight lines
- The full range is available in both open-in and open-out configurations and with a disabled access threshold for double-leaf patio doors
- Hinges can be supplied for tilt/turn windows weighing up to 200kg and up to 300kg for turn windows and also meet class 5 – the highest possible international standard for corrosion resistance
- Using a wide choice of glass and infill options, the WICLINE evo range can meet the stringent European standard FB4 for bullet resistance
- Hinges can be either concealed or visible and handles can be anodised or finished in a full range of colours to complement the window profiles
- There is a choice of two profile depths – 65mm or 75mm which allows windows to be adapted to individual project requirements.
As with all Wicona façade systems, the WICLINE evo window range uses common, easy-to-fit accessories across the suite of options to simplify specification and ensure cost-effective fabrication. It also has the reassurance of extensive testing – the roof lights with acoustic protection, for example, are certified to 47dB and the pivot windows achieve water resistance to E750.
The WICLINE evo series options include:
- Concealed sash windows with ultra-slim profiles for maximum light transmission
- Classic casement design featuring bevelled profiles
- Automatic or manual roof lights
- Vertical or horizontal pivots
- Top or side hung windows
- Patio doors with a disabled access threshold, available as single or double leaf and inward or outward opening
- Standard or concealed opening lights for use with stick or unitised curtain walling
- Parallel sliding window
- Tilt/turn windows
- Smoke vents
The new window system is highly sustainable and has been engineered using eco-design principles. It is manufactured from 100 per cent recyclable aluminium and more than 60 per cent of the energy required to produce the aluminium materials is generated by hydro-electric power to minimise impact on the environment.
Commenting on the launch of the WICLINE evo range, Ian Smith, Senior Manager for Wicona, said “Individually-designed windows are a key part of any architectural design as they can determine the aesthetic of the entire façade and the character of a building. The new WICLINE evo range gives architects and contractors an even wider choice of high performance options, outstanding thermal performance and a suitable window solution for every application.”
Wicona WICLINE evo windows can be configured as punched hole, composite or ribbon glazing and are a highly durable and energy-efficient solution for the full spectrum of apartment buildings, office, industrial, commercial, healthcare and education schemes.